Click here for consumables (deodorizing capsules, printer ribbons, etc.)?
These additions and modifications to your autoclave allow you to customize its operation to best suit your tasks, facility, and staff.
- Tactrol 5 Program Memory: Stores up to five complete programs to be recalled at the touch of a button. Comes with three-position setting lock key switch: 1) full access to all settings; 2) restricted access to any of the five pre-set programs; 3) restricted access to a single approved cycle program. (Key is removable when in either “restricted” mode.) Data can be easily downloaded to your computer for printing, archiving, or further analysis. (Tactrol 5 Program Memory comes standard on all models outfitted with the Combined Pre-Cycle Vacuum and Vacuum Cooling options listed in Vacuum Options.)
- Tactrol 10 Program Memory: Stores up to ten complete programs to be recalled at the touch of a button. Comes with three-position setting lock key switch: 1) full access to all settings; 2) restricted access to any of the five pre-set programs; 3) restricted access to a single approved cycle program. (Key is removable when in either “restricted” mode.) Data can be easily downloaded to your computer for printing, archiving, or further analysis.
- Tactrol 10 Program Memory Upgrade: Program memory upgrade for Tactrol 5 Program Memory option. Allows storage of up to ten complete programs to be recalled at the touch of a button.
- Tactrol Self-Monitoring System: Assures that the Tactrol Control System is receiving accurate temperature information and prevents improperly processed loads. All single thermocouples are replaced with duplex thermocouples. The output from the primary thermocouple is constantly checked against the output from its mate. If any variation between the two thermocouples is detected, Tactrol aborts the cycle and displays an error.
- Setting Lock Key Switch: Prevents unauthorized modification of cycle parameters. A second, two-position key switch is added. The key can be removed when in the locked position, making it impossible for anyone to change the temperature, time, and option settings. This can be in addition to the key switch included with the Tactrol 5 and 10 Program Memory modules, or as an added safety feature for Priorclaves with no programmable memory module.
- Pulsed Freesteaming: Freesteaming is a method of forcing cold air from the autoclave chamber by venting the chamber while generating large volumes of steam. This is very useful with many types of “problem loads.” Pulsed Freesteaming enhances the standard Automatic Timed Freesteaming function by pulsing the chamber vent during this freesteaming period. This continual pulsing creates considerable turbulence within the autoclave chamber, very effectively forcing trapped air out of the load, eliminating cold pockets, and helping to assure proper sterilization of the entire load. (Pulsed freesteaming comes standard on all models outfitted with the Combined Pre-Cycle Vacuum and Vacuum Cooling options listed in Vacuum Options.
- Load Sensed Process Timing: Typically used for loads with containers larger than one liter or for dense loads. Autoclaves outfitted for Load Sensed Process Timing have an additional armored wandering temperature probe mounted inside the autoclave chamber. This probe can be positioned anywhere in the load (ideally in the coolest part). The control system will not begin counting down the dwell period until the wandering probe has reached the process temperature. (On units with both the Tactrol Data Printer and Load Sensed Process Timing, the printout will show both the chamber temperature and the load temperature.)
- Automatic Waterfill Systems: Automatically fills the autoclave chamber to the appropriate level (can provide a Class A Air Gap, upon request). Requires a 1/2” (15mm) water supply from a suitable break tank within 6.6’(2 meters) of the rear of the Priorclave, at a minimum pressure of 29 psi (2 Bar). (The Automatic Waterfill System comes standard equipment on all electrically heated models outfitted with the Post-Cycle Drying option listed in Vacuum Options.)
- Other Hand Door: Front-loading Priorclaves are hinged on the left (for easy right-hand operation). Doors can instead be hinged on the right. (Option not available for benchtop Priorclaves.)
- Tactrol Data Printer: The Tactrol Data Printer provides a printed record of each autoclave cycle. This record is customizable, and can include chamber temperature (reported at user-determined intervals as well as all key points throughout the sterilization cycle), cycle number, whether the cycle completed successfully, any error codes triggered during the cycle, and other information.
- Load Temperature Monitoring: Adds an armored wandering probe, to be placed in the densest part of the load. With Load Temperature Monitoring in place, the logs and printed records indicate both the chamber and load temperature. (Load Temperature Monitoring is standard on all with Load Sensed Process Timing, described in the Core Options.)
- Chamber Pressure Monitoring: Adds a pressure transducer integrated with the Tactrol Control System. Logs and printouts can then include the chamber pressure, measured at user-determined intervals. This option is extremely useful for quality control on Priorclaves fitted with vacuum options. (Chamber Pressure Monitoring is standard on all models with both the Tactrol Data Printer and the Combined Pre-Cycle Vacuum and Vacuum Cooling, described in the Vacuum Options.)
- Single Pen Strip Chart Recorder: This standalone unit accepts 100mm strip chart paper and produces a single-trace hardcopy of each cycle. Temperature Range 0–150°C. (Can be integrated into the case of some front-loading autoclave models). Comes with a fixed temperature probe (mounted in the pressure vessel) and all necessary wiring complete.
- Two Pen Strip Chart Recorder: Accepts single roll of 100mm strip chart paper and produces a twin-trace hardcopy of each cycle. Microprocessor controlled for high recording accuracy (+/- 0.5 of span) and user programmable for maximum flexibility. Includes integrated LED digital display (shows temperature and other variables). Standalone unit can be wall-mounted or countertop, or integrated into the case of some front-loading autoclave models. Comes with a fixed temperature probe, an armored wandering probe, and installed with all necessary wiring.
- Single Pen Circular Chart Recorder: This standalone unit produces a single-trace hardcopy of each cycle on circular chart paper. Microprocessor controlled for high recording accuracy (+/- 0.5 of span) and user programmable for maximum flexibility. Chart writing width is 100mm. Includes a VFD (vacuum fluorescent display) that shows variables (principally temperature) either digitally or by bar graph. Chart speed is one revolution per day. (Can be configured for one revolution per week; please specify when ordering.) Comes with a fixed temperature probe (mounted in the pressure vessel)and all necessary wiring complete.
- Two Pen Circular Chart Recorder: This standalone unit produces a dual-trace hardcopy of each cycle on circular chart paper. Microprocessor controlled for high recording accuracy (+/- 0.5 of span) and user programmable for maximum flexibility. Chart writing width is 100mm. Includes a VFD (vacuum fluorescent display) that shows variables (principally temperature) either digitally or by bar graph. Chart speed is one revolution per day. (Can be configured for one revolution per week; please specify when ordering.) Comes with a fixed temperature probe (mounted in the pressure vessel) and all necessary wiring complete.
All Priorclave autoclaves utilize plain paper printers, rather than thermal paper printers, in an effort to avoid the negative health effects of BPA.
Heating/Cooling and Water Quality Options
- Scale Prevention Systems: Suggested for units with Automatic Waterfill Systems, vacuum systems, or any installation with multiple Priorclave units or a hard water supply. For smaller Priorclaves, this system includes an in-line filter with replaceable cartridge. It can be used with supply water hardness as high as 250 ppm. For standard-sized Priorclaves, the system includes a medium duty, sodium ion-exchange water softener with rechargeable cation and anion resin bed, ion exchange cylinder, and salt storage tank. This requires regular replenishment with salt (to recharge the ion exchange resin) and 1 Bar (14.7 psi) minimum feed water pressure.
- Purified Water Level Sensor: Required for Priorclaves supplied by water with low-conductivity water (below 10-15 micro siemens; common examples are DI/RO, and some “pure” water sources). This is an ultrasonic sensor, and operates properly on any type of water, ensuring a safe water level in the boiling unit.
- Accelerated Heating: Replaces the standard heaters with larger models, enabling the autoclave to reach process temperature more quickly. (Requires higher supply current.)
- Air Ballast System—External Air Supply: Using the Air Ballast System makes it possible to process sealed or semi-rigid containers, as well as some delicate items (e.g., contact lenses, pouches of liquids or gels, etc.) without warping the containers during cooling. Includes a 0.2-micron filter, a pressure regulator, oil and water traps, and two pressure gauges. Requires an external dry, oil-free air supply terminated at a suitable isolating connector within 2 meters (6.6′) of the rear of the autoclave.
- Dual Electric and Steam Heating: Enables the autoclave to be heated by either electricity or an in-house steam supply. All necessary safety interlocks are fitted for safe user operation in either mode. Includes Tactrol 10 Program Memory, since different cycle settings are required for electrically and steam heated cycles. (Requires a supply of dry steam no higher than 40 psi.)
- Fast Cooling Systems: Accelerated cooling, available on all models.
Clean Steam Generation: Provides a supply of “clean steam” for electrically heated Priorclaves supplied with Reverse Osmosis water with a conductivity of less than 10 micro siemens. Includes an ultrasonic water level sensor. All submerged fittings and pipe are replaced with 316 stainless steel.
- Air Intake Filter System: Filters air re-entering the vessel during the cooling stage of the cycle. Particularly important when sterilizing “preparative” loads to prevent contamination by airborne particles. Replacement filters are available from Priorclave and can be easily installed by the user. (The Air Intake Filter System comes standard on units with the Vacuum Drying option listed in Vacuum Options.)
- Steam Intake Filter System: Filters steam entering the vessel. (Recommend for any unit relying on remote-generated or in-house steam systems)
- Exhaust Filtration System: Aids in containing hazardous pathogens. All autoclave effluent is passed through a 0.05 micron microbiological filter before proceeding to the sealed drainage and ventilation system. All unfiltered condensate is returned to the chamber for sterilization in the next cycle. (This fulfills the “Effluent Retention” system requirements for biosafety level 3—i.e., “BSL-3″—containment suites and similar facilities.)
- Drain Condensers: Many states, provinces, and localities require autoclaves be equipped with drain condensers to cool waste water to 140ºF (60ºC) prior to entering the building drain system. A drain condenser accomplishes this by mixing the high-temperature effluent with fresh cold water via a temperature-controlled valve. While the minimum amount of water is used in this process, consumption can still be considerable and cannot be recirculated. Requires a water supply from a suitable break tank within 6.6’(2 meters) of the rear of the unit at a minimum pressure of 36–44 psi (2.5–3 Bar), and a dedicated (preferably sealed) drain connection. Use this table to select the right drain condenser for your model:
Model No Drain Condenser PNA/MID/C40 PC/DRC/000 PNA/MID/H60 PC/DRC/010 PNA/MID/C60 PNA/QCS/EV100 PNA/QCS/EV150 PNA/QCS/SV100 PNA/QCS/SV150 PNA/QCS/EH100 PNA/QCS/EH150 PNA/QCS/EH200 PNA/QCS/SH100 PNA/QCS/SH150 PNA/QCS/SH200 PNA/Q63/EH320 PC/DRC/020 PNA/Q63/SH320
- Combined Pre-Cycle Vacuum and Vacuum Cooling: Helps with processing “problem loads” (especially those prone to air pockets) and speeds cooling for any load. Includes Tactrol 5 Program Memory and Pulsed Freesteaming (the 10 Program Upgrade is available.)
Vacuum Drying: Speeds cooling and produces much dryer loads, often suitable for immediate use. Aids in producing suitably dry loads. Excellent for drying tips, glassware, filters in their housings, and fabrics, but must not be used for any load containing bottled liquids! An Air Intake Filter is included with this option. Electrically heated models outfitted with Vacuum Drying will also include the Automatic Waterfill System.
Vacuum Options can be added to any Priorclave model, but this results in slightly larger dimensions for some models. Consult with our team in advance to be sure that this does not complicate your installation plans.
Use this table to select the right vacuum pump configuration for your model:
|Model No||Combined Pre-Cycle Vacuum and Vacuum Cooling||Post-Cycle Vac Drying|
|PNA/QCS/EV100||PC/VPC/100 Liquid ring pump||PC/VPD/100|
|PNA/QCS/EV150||PC/VPC/150 Diaphragm pump|
|PNA/QCS/EH100||PC/VPC/200 Liquid ring pump||PC/VPD/200|
|PNA/QCS/EH150||PC/VPC/250 Diaphragm pump|
|PNA/Q63/EH320||PC/VPC/600 Liquid Ring Pump||PC/VPD/600|
|PNA/Q63/SH320||PC/VPC/650 Diaphragm pump|
Liquid ring pumps are faster, but require a 15mm (1/2″) cold water supply. A diaphragm pump has a slower pumping rate, but does not require an independent water water supply.
These additional items simplify many daily tasks or replace lost or damaged accessories that came with your autoclave.
Baskets, Containers, Cassettes
- Loading Cassettes: These Loading Cassettes are fitted with a middle shelf that can be raised or lowered in 50mm (2”) increments to best suit a given load.
- Loading Baskets: Stacking baskets are included with all Top-Loading Priorclaves (three baskets with the Vertical 150L and larger; two baskets with the smaller models). Baskets are also available for front-loading autoclaves. Use this table to select the correct basket for your model:
Model No Loading Basket Max Chamber Capacity PNA/MID/C40 PC/MID/SSB 1 PNA/MID/H60 1 PNA/MID/C60 PC/HDB/C60 2 PNA/QCS/EV100 PC/HDB/000 Half Depth Basket 2 PNA/QCS/EV150 3 PNA/QCS/SV100 2 PNA/QCS/SV150 3 PNA/QCS/EV100 PC/FDB/000 Full Depth Basket 1 PNA/QCS/EV150 1 + 1 PC/HDB/000 PNA/QCS/SV150 1 + 1 PC/HDB/000 PNA/QCS/EH100 PC/BAS/HOR 1 PNA/QCS/EH150 2 PNA/QCS/EH200 3 PNA/QCS/SH100 1 PNA/QCS/SH150 2 PNA/QCS/SH200 3 PNA/Q63/EH320 PC/BAS/Q63 6 PNA/Q63/SH320
- Discard Containers: For most applications, we recommend our standard Morrison discard container, which has a leakproof bottom and low profile (less than 200mm, or 7¾”), ideal for many sterilization scenarios in both standard models and those with vacuum pumps. (Custom, lidded, and Goldsworth-style discard containers are also available.) Use this table to select the correct discard container for your model:
Model No Discard Container Max Chamber Capacity PNA/MID/C40 PC/MID/SSD 1 PNA/MID/H60 1 PNA/MID/C60 PC/SSD/C60 2 PNA/QCS/EV100 PC/SSD/VER 2 PNA/QCS/EV150 PC/SSD/VRB (false floor) 3 PNA/QCS/SV100 2 PNA/QCS/SV150 3 PNA/QCS/EH100 PC/SSD/HOR 1 PNA/QCS/EH150 PC/SSD/HRB (false floor) 2 PNA/QCS/EH200 3 PNA/QCS/SH100 1 PNA/QCS/SH150 2 PNA/QCS/SH200 3 PNA/Q63/EH320 PC/SSD/HOL 6 PNA/Q63/SH320 PC/SSD/HLB (false floor) 6
Trolleys and Hoists
- Loading Trolleys: Designed to be used in conjunction with a loading cassette. All loading trolleys are custom built. They are large enough to accommodate a full autoclave load and can be fixed-height or adjustable (a hydraulic scissor jack raises the tray between bench height and the desired loading height). The stainless-steel loading runners are adjustable, smoothly mate with the lower shelf of a front-loading Priorclave, and are fitted with a retaining latch to hold the Loading Cassette in place up to a slope of 15º. All trolleys have large diameter swivel casters and locking rear wheels.
- Benchtop Mounting Trolley: This sturdy cart is ideal for our smallest benchtop autoclave, the Priorclave 40L, and built to standard bench height. Available with optional locking swivel casters and/or lower shelf.
- Hoists: Our electric hoist (with custom mounting assembly) considerably reduces the risk of materials handling-related mishaps when loading or unloading vertical and top-loading autoclaves. Safely lifts loads of up to 200lbs (91kg) with push-button ease. (Requires 120 volt outlet and 83”/2100mm overhead clearance.)
- Armored Wandering Probe: Replacement temperature probe with durable finish and communications cable.